Sunday 6 March 2011

Au Revoir, Espoir

We lost another of our old timers today: Espoir has been one of the more tolerable of fellow Chatopiites, in fact I kind of liked her. She was always shy and kept to herself - I respect that in a cat.
But alas! She found a new home, and I wish her well. If only... well, my time shall come.

Obviously no human worthy of my wonderousness exists at present, so I will content myself with life as Queen of Chatopia.

Speaking of royalty, what is this I keep seeing on the news websites about a 'Royal Wedding'? Who are these William and Kate people? They can't be very important, I've never even heard of them, yet people across Canada are making such a fuss about their engagement.

Pah.

All that media coverage about some foreigners, and yet here in Montreal they have a far more important, true Canadian Royal: Moi, Queen Lucy-Poozy. Unlike them, I am the rightful ruler of a vast swathe of this country - from the door downstairs all the way to the corner of Room 3 - that's as far as the eye can see!

My Queendom has been quiet this week, except for a lot of boxes arriving and being moved around. 'Donations' the volunteers call them, a nuisance is what I call them. A couple of cats came and went, but not much else to report. Anyway, I'm off to do my rounds. I've started walking the perimeter of my territory regularly, saying hello to my subjects, making sure things are where I left them.
You never know when some pesky volunteer will have moved something ...

No comments:

Post a Comment