Sunday 23 January 2011

Are you my new Mommy?

Today was strange. First, the volunteers stayed outside for an hour before they came in. They kept pulling at the door and fiddling with the lock, but not opening it. They didn't look very happy either. I kept shouting at them through the glass pane to hurry up and feed me, but they just cooed at me and waved, refusing to enter.

After what seemed like days, a strange man appeared with a metal box. He pushed and poked at the door and eventually opened it. Finally! Breakfast! By that point I could have almost turned cannibal (though, to be honest, none of the cats here look very appetizing. I suppose little Tammy might make a decent barbecue spare rib...)

Accompanying the volunteers was a woman I'd never seen before. Upon investigation it turned out she was exceedingly huggable, and chirped with delight when I clawed my way up onto her warm shoulder. I got at least a weeks worth of cuddling done. She barely looked at the other cats before returning to me for another love-session.

It's true: I am a love machine.

She talked with the other humans about me, asking lots of questions. I could tell by the look in her eyes she'd fallen in love and frankly, who could blame her?
The question is: will she come back?

No comments:

Post a Comment