Tuesday 4 January 2011

I love Hugging

I waited by the door for the first volunteer to arrive today - man do I love that first cuddle of the morning! As she put her key in the lock I looked up at her and gave a silent miaow (this is one of a cats most powerful weapons to use on humans you know, after that the volunteer was all mine.

Many of the cats here are more excited about the first meal of the day, and I won't pretend I don't love my chow. Some, like Espoir, were starved in the past. She told me how she was left in a cupboard for weeks without food - or cuddles - until being rescued and brought here. It's made her very neurotic about eating, but that's understandable. When she arrived she would hide in her cage all day, but there were two things which got her to come out: food, and being stroked.

For me, nothing beats a human hug. Those fingers, how they tickle my chops! My favourite thing on earth is to climb up onto a persons shoulder and snuggle my head right into their neck - wonderful! Espoir is doing much better now, which is unfortunate for me because she steals a lot of my potential hugs. As for breakfast: a bowl of wet food with a nibble of kibble for dessert - delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Pekoe... You're wonderful! Don't worry, I will be there tomorrow morning to hug you!
    Kisses,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I shall secure you with my claws of love and never let go!

    ReplyDelete