Monday 21 February 2011

The Beast Without A Face

Today I looked danger in the face - and yet lived to tell the tale!

I heard it roaring from afar - my new enemy, the Beast Without a Face. It rumbled like thunder through the corridors of Chatopia, sending lesser cats scattering to the four winds, devouring everything in it's path.

Finally, the Beast arrived at my door. It roared and shoved it's way into my room, filling the air with it's cries and sending Tessa (the lady-cat who shares this room) into a panic. One of the Voluntarias clung onto the back of it, fighting to subdue it.

But I: Maverick Banderas, bravest of all cats and defender of the Voluntarias, I showed no fear! Let it come! I said, I will show it no mercy! I rose from my bed in a rage, stretching to my full height. The Beast came at me, but I stood my ground and showed no fear or mercy - this will be a fight to the death!

Seeing my courage the Beast Without a Face knew it was no match against me. It went quiet, and surrendered. The beautiful Voluntario stroked me, thanking me for saving her from the terror, and she dragged it out of the room and away.

But there was no need to thank me, pretty lady. I would do it all again for such a beautiful woman.
For I, am Maverick Banderas. Viva Las Voluntarias!

No comments:

Post a Comment