Wednesday 2 February 2011

Sleeping with the Enemy

Yesterday morning, his name was struck from the list on the wall.
Pekoe - gone, evaporated, kidnapped, disappeared in the night (or possibly late afternoon) and subject to some terrible fate!

At breakfast I took advantage of Kyana feeding like a pig to race to the far end of the hallway and search for him, but I didn't expect to find much. With his name removed, it is clear that the Buffalo will not be coming back. What's more, there was one less bowl of food placed down at breakfast.

It can only be a matter of time before another one of us is gone.

With the situation desperate, this afternoon I infiltrated the volunteers who sit around chattering in the afternoon once all the poop is scooped and the eyes are wiped. The plan: to gather intelligence on Felines Missing in Action. My cover: an innocent kitty in need of cuddles. I would lull them into a false sense of security as they rubbed my peachy belly, and soon they would let all their secrets be known.

All I had to do was stay awake long enough....to...*yawn*.... listen to what... they....


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment